LOVE Island bosses have confirmed that they are in “constant contact” with former host Caroline Flack – and that the “door is open” for her to return.
Last month, the winter version of the show was thrown into turmoil when Caroline, 40, was arrested and charged for attacking boyfriend Lewis Burton.
Laura Whitmore was drafted in as a last-minute replacement to host the upcoming series while Caroline awaits trial for the assault.
Now show runner Amanda Stavri has refused to rule out Caroline returning as host for the summer series.
Speaking to The Mirror, Stavri said: “We are continuing to talk to Caroline.
“We are in constant contact and the door is open.”
It comes after 34-year-old Laura revealed that Caroline backed her to be her successor and has been in touch to showcase her support.
Speaking on This Morning on Thursday, the Irish beauty shared: “When Caroline stepped down she actually sent me a text message saying, ‘I really hope you get to do this series.
“It was before Christmas and I was flying back to Ireland because it was my mum’s birthday. I was at the airport and I got a phone call from my agent saying the producers of ITV will like to meet with you for a meeting in a few hours. I thought, I’m at the airport, it’s my mum’s birthday, so I can’t make that meeting.
“Then I thought, hold on a minute I’ll ring up Mammy Whitmore, which I did. I said, ‘How do you feel if I come tomorrow instead of today.’ And she said that was ok. Thankfully, that’s why I’m here now.”
Laura previously revealed how Caroline had been “incredibly gracious” since she quit.
The star announced that she was stepping down in a poignant Instagram post after officers were called to her London home when she allegedly hit Lewis, 26, with a lamp while he slept.
Caroline faces court in March after she pleaded not guilty to the charges earlier this month.