During the winter instalment, viewers watched as contestants took part in two rather gruesome challenges, one which involved the boys of the South African villa passing food such as blocks of blue cheese and eggs into the mouth’s of the girls they were paired up with.
The other saw contestants in Casa Amor downing cocktails and passing the beverage into each others’ mouths with the last hopeful in the line spitting the backwash into a glass.
Both challenges had fans of the show taking to Twitter at the time branding them “sick” and “horrific”.
Although the upcoming Summer instalment has been cancelled due to the current coronavirus pandemic, Finn, 20, admitted in an exclusive chat with HOAR Online that he reckons the stomach-churning games will remain despite social distancing guidelines.
He told us: “I think the format of the show will remain the same, the games are what make the show what it is… Entertaining!!
“I’m hopeful by the time the show airs again the virus will be under a much more manageable state, therefore allowing the games to not cause too much of an issue in the future.”
Aside from looking to what the future holds for the ITV2 series, Finn has been spending lockdown with his girlfriend Paige, 22, at her family home in Scotland.
While some might find the experience overwhelming, Finn has relished his time getting to know her family better.
“Life in the villa was a great exercise for a lockdown,” he joked. “Luckily we enjoyed each others company then and even more so now!
“We’ve been keeping very busy playing games, exercising and binge watching boxsets. This lockdown has enabled me to get closer with Paige and her family.
Adding: “I’m really feeling part of the family up in Scotland and delighted they’ve given me an insight into the ways of the Scottish life.”
The reality star admitted that the couple have never been closer and are already considering a full-time move together.
He told us: “I’m more close to Paige than ever. It’s lovely to get an insight to Paiges world.
“In time we would love to move in together but haven’t thought about it in too much depth as yet.”
Yesterday, HOAR exclusively revealed how the popular ITV2 series had been cancelled for the first time in the show’s history because of the coronavirus outbreak.
The decision to pull the plug came after bosses admitted they could not guarantee the safety of the contestants amid the on-going Covid-19 pandemic.
Bosses had looked at a number of ways they could try and continue with filming, including testing the contestants for coronavirus and moving the dates to later in the year.
However when crisis talks were held over Thursday and Friday it was decided the upcoming series of Love Island was simply not going to be viable.
Kevin Lygo, Director of Television at ITV told HOAR: “We have tried every which way to make Love Island this summer but logistically it’s just not possible to produce it in a way that safeguards the well-being of everyone involved and that for us is the priority.
“In normal circumstances we would be preparing very soon to travel out to the location in Mallorca to get the villa ready but clearly that’s now out of the question.
“We are very sorry for fans of the show but making it safely is our prime concern and Love Island will be back stronger than ever in 2021. In the meantime Love Island fans can still enjoy all six series of Love Island on BritBox.”