CHRIS Taylor made his name on Love Island in 2019.
He’s now dating Maura Higgins, though it’s not his first relationship in the public eye.
Who is Chris Taylor?
Chris Taylor is a 29-year-old business development manager from Leicester, who credits his job for helping him with the ladies.
“I’ve been in sales for most of my life so I’m used to backing myself and fully explaining what I’m doing and how I’m doing it,” he explained.
The dishy salesman rated himself a 7.2 out of 10 and “the full package” before entering the Love Island villa.
Speaking about his best and worst traits, he said: “I am confident, I have good banter, and I’m loving.
“I can be quite fiery, a bit stubborn and sometimes I can come across as a bit too hard to get sometimes.”
When was he on Love Island?
Chris was in Love Island for the 2019 series.
Here’s a timeline of his journey in the villa:
- Chris Taylor took Maura Higgins and Belle Hassan on first dates in episode 33 and also performed a strip tease for all the female cast members.
- Chris pursued Amber Gill and things looked promising as the two enjoyed a chat about Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- At the night party in episode 36, Caroline Flack announced he and Maura Higgins, as well as Francesca Allen and Curtis Pritchard were saved from elimination, as they are in new couples.
- Chris joined Curtis in comforting Michael Griffiths after Joanna Chimonides was booted off the show in episode 37.
- He then went on a date with new girl India Reynolds, but lost her to Ovie Soko.
- Chris then tried to win India back, but he was still left out in the cold.
- The Leicester native was thrilled when Harley Brash chose to recouple with him in episode 41.
- The new couple shared their first kiss after Chris confessed to fancying her in a sweet chat.
- Chris and Harley enjoyed their first date – making bread. But despite temperatures rising during their one-on-one time, Harley was left reeling after Chris guessed during the headline challenge that the public wanted him to be with India.
- In episode 44, Chris grovelled to Harley after upsetting her in The Sidebar of Shame challenge, even making the beauty toast shaped into the word “sorry” for breakfast.
- The villa joker was eliminated from the competition in episode 45 with partner Harley and fellow Islanders Jordan Hames and Anna Vakili.
- Chris and Harley split after two weeks in the outside world.
When did he start dating Maura Higgins?
After months speculation, Maura confirmed during her 30th birthday week that she and Chris are an item.
Chris said: “Turns out I fell in love with my best mate.”
The pair have been linked since Maura’s split with Curtis Pritchard, but up until now they’ve denied being more than friends.
They haven’t confirmed exactly when they became a couple.
They began their journey as friends and did ‘couple up’ during their time in the villa together, but only to keep each other in the show so they could meet with other Islanders.
What does he do now?
Chris lives in Essex, which is where Maura lives too.
It’s not known just how much of his time is spent working as an influencer over being a business development manager.