Fleur East ‘in the clear’ after meeting Prince Charles before his coronavirus diagnosis


FLEUR East has revealed she was left worried she had contracted coronavirus from Prince Charles, after meeting him two weeks prior to his diagnosis.

The first-in-line to the throne revealed on Wednesday morning he had been diagnosed with the virus which has swept the globe.

Fleur revealed on The One Show she was in the clear

Speaking on The One Show on Wednesday, Fleur told Alex Jones and Patrick Kielty that Charles “kept forgetting to not shake people’s hands” and she was left fearful she had caught it.

“It was 14 days ago, so I’m clear, 14 days is the clear window,” she shared.

“I remember at the time it was awkward because I didn’t know how to greet a royal full stop; let alone in these stranges times!

“So he came up and did a namaste and I did a weird courtesy and a namatse at the same time, and the whole thing was awkward. And as you saw in the clips, he just kept forgetting to not shake people’s hands.”

Fleur and Charles met on 11 March

Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus, pictured here at his most recent appearance at an Australian bushfire relief event on March 12

Prince Charles, seen at the Commonwealth Service earlier this month, last saw the Queen on March 12
Prince Charles greets Ant and Dec at the London Palladium on March 11

Fleur was one of many celebrities who met Charles on 11 March with TV presenters Ant and Dec skipping the usual royal protocol of a handshake and instead using the Namaste greeting with the royal.

The three men placed their hands in the prayer sign and bowed their heads in greeting, also known as Pranamasana, a customary Indian greeting, as they met at the 2020 Prince’s Trust Awards.

Palaces officials confirmed the news and revealed Charles, 71, had been displaying mild symptoms but remains in “good health” after being diagnosed with the deadly bug on Monday night.

Camilla, 72, tested negative for the virus, with the couple now self-isolating at their home in Balmoral, Scotland.

It is believed he suffered mild symptoms over the weekend while at Highgrove House in Gloucester and flew privately to Scotland on Sunday night where he was tested on Monday.

It is understood he is in good spirits and remains up and about, while Buckingham Palace has since confirmed the Queen remains in “good health” after heading to Windsor last Thursday with Prince Philip a week earlier than planned.

Charles most recently saw the Queen “briefly” on 12 March but medical experts believe the earliest Charles would have been contagious was 13 March.

Charles has also spoken to both of his sons, Prince William, 37, in Norfolk and Prince Harry, 35, in Canada after the news.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here