Prince Harry talks with senior royals put on hold because of constant leaks ‘from the Sussex side’

0
25

CRUNCH talks between Prince Harry and senior royals have been put on hold because of constant leaks “from the Sussex side”, HOAR can reveal.

No “meaningful conversations” have taken place since the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral last week.

Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates

Princes Harry and William chat after Prince Philip’s funeral

Crunch talks between Prince Harry and senior royals have been put on hold because of constant leaks ‘from the Sussex side’

The two princes in happier times before the younger sibling stepped back from royal duties

And sources say aides still harbour deep misgivings about any future clear-the-air discussions with Harry.

They point to a flurry of articles in the US within hours of his return to California.

And they have become increasingly alarmed at the speed at which details of private family exchanges have emerged.

On Wednesday, US magazine People carried intimate details of a private phone call between Meghan, one-year-old son Archie and the Queen ahead of Prince Philip’s funeral.

Sources say aides still harbour deep misgivings about any future clear-the-air discussions with Harry

Omid Scobie – who co-wrote Harry and Meghan’s gushing biography, Finding Freedom – spoke out soon after Harry’s return to the US

On Wednesday, American magazine People carried intimate details of a private phone call between Meghan, son Archie, one, and the Queen ahead of Philip’s funeral

People has previously been seen as a favoured outlet for the Sussexes. In February 2019, five of Meghan’s closest friends briefed it in depth about her life while claiming she had suffered “global bullying”.

Meghan has always insisted she had no knowledge of her friends’ decision to speak on her behalf.

Meanwhile Omid Scobie — who co-wrote Harry and Meghan’s gushing biography, Finding Freedom — also spoke out soon after Harry’s return to the US.

He said Meghan had spoken twice to the Queen.

Quoting “sources” close to Harry, Scobie said: “Saturday broke the ice for future conversations but outstanding issues have not been addressed at any great length.

“The family simply put their issues to one side to focus on what mattered.”

Harry, 36, and William, 38, were pictured talking with William’s wife Kate, 39, after the funeral.

But yesterday it emerged no progress had been made between the brothers.

Harry has already returned to the US and missed the Queen’s 95th birthday

The Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral marked the first time the family had been together since last March – and the first face-to-face meeting since the Oprah interview

Harry and William at Prince Philip’s funeral

William was Harry’s best man when he wed Meghan, 39, in 2018. Yet the pair have barely spoken for more than a year after the fall-out over Megxit and the couple’s claims during a bombshell interview with US chat show queen Oprah Winfrey.

Reports claimed Harry had met the Queen twice during his nine-day stay.

He spent five days in quarantine before Saturday’s funeral, but flew back to LA on Tuesday, missing his gran’s 95th birthday 24 hours later.

A black 4×4 took him from a private terminal to join Archie and pregnant Meghan at the £11million family home in Montecito.

Harry is likely to return to the UK for the unveiling of a statue of his mother, Princess Diana, on July 1.

Harry is expected to return to the UK for the unveiling of a statue of his mum, Princess Diana, on July 1

No ‘meaningful conversations’ have taken place since the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral last week

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here