Princes Charles planned the axing of Andrew in a ‘Game of Thrones’ style move, The Sun can reveal

0
13

PRINCE Charles planned the axing of Andrew in a “Game of Thrones” style move before getting the full backing of Prince William and then telling the Queen he must go, HOAR can reveal

The Prince of Wales decided over Christmas that Andrew had “run out of road” and should be stripped of all military titles, patronages and his HRH status to protect the rest of the Royal Family.

The Prince of Wales planned the axing of Andrew over Christmas before getting the full backing of Prince William
Prince Charles then told the Queen he must go and be stripped all military titles, patronages and his HRH status to protect the rest of the Royal Family

He sought counsel from William who was spending the holiday season with his family in Norfolk and got his son’s full support for the drastic manoeuvre, it can be revealed.

Wills, 39, and Charles, 73, told the Queen they had agreed “Andrew must go” after his New York sex abuse hearing earlier this month, sources told HOAR.

The 95-year-old Queen replied that she was “of the same opinion”, although sources say it was with a “heavy heart”.

Royal experts say Charles’ powerplay shows how he needs to “flex his muscles” to help the Queen now she no longer has her beloved Philip by her side. Once Andrew’s fate was decided, siblings Princess Anne and Prince Edward visited him at his 30-room mansion Royal Lodge last weekend where it is believed they warned of what was to come.

Armed with support from both of her successors the Queen pulled the trigger on Thursday lunchtime just 24 hours after Judge Kaplan ordered Andrew to stand trial for sexual abuse.

A source close to the action said: “The collective view was that Andrew was damaging the entire Royal Family.”

Prince Andrew, said to be the Queen’s “favourite child”, was left without any family support, it is understood.

Another source revealed: “Charles first decided that Andrew must go. He felt he’s just run out of road. So he discussed it with his son in the days between Christmas and New Year and William fully agreed with him.

“William and Charles then informed the Queen that they were of the same opinion.

🔵 Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest updates

“Ultimately it was the Queen’s final decision but the Queen told them she shared their view. The Queen and Andrew had the final conversations on the matter on Thursday.”

A third source said: “William thought it needed to be resolved. His views were similar to Prince Charles’s in that it needed to be sorted out. He didn’t think the Duke of York was handling it well at all.”

The future King spent Christmas Day and Boxing Day at Windsor Castle with the Queen and up to 20 family members including Andrew where his case was “widely discussed”.

Days later he spoke with Prince William who was spending the holiday season with his family 150 miles away in Norfolk. Prince Andrew was locked down in Royal Lodge between Christmas and New Year preparing for a hearing in which he was attempting to throw the case out on a technicality.

He was left alone as ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, and his two daughters Beatrice and Eugenie and their husbands Edo and Jack, jetted to Switzerland.

They stayed in Andy and Fergie’s Verbier chalet which they are selling to recoup at least £10million to fund a potential settlement with Virginia Roberts Giuffre. Judge Lewis Kaplan gave Andy’s lawyer short shift in the one-hour case hearing on January 4 and the decision to press ahead to with a sex abuse trial announced on Wednesday was inevitable.

Then, last weekend Princess Anne and Prince Edward visited Andy, 61, at Royal Lodge. It is believed they were with the disgraced Duke of York to tell him of the family plans.

A royal insider told HOAR: “Edward and Anne made the trip to Royal Lodge and told Andrew it was over. Somewhere along it has to stop because it was using so much money from the royal family. It was then inevitable when Kaplan ordered a trial on Wednesday.”

It means Andrew, who looked ashen-faced as he was driven to Windsor Castle with his lawyer Gary Bloxsome at 11.30am on Wednesday, had learnt his fate before the Queen told Andrew face to face that he was out. Another source told HOAR: “It was a PR decision and a financial decision. Ultimately everything comes down to money.

“He is a private citizen now. They can say. ‘we have nothing to do with him we fired him’. They are trying to limit those zeros on the settlement. He has gone in saying he will fight it all the way and been told ‘yes, but not as one of us’. The only way is to settle.”

Andrew could now face losing his taxpayer-funded security and questions being asked how he can continue to afford paying security for his daughters Beatrice and Eugenie.

There are also questions over his right to live at Royal Lodge which he has a 75-year lease for a one-off £1million pound payment. Buckingham Palace did not want to comment.

Wills, 39, and Charles, 73, told Her Majesty they had agreed ‘Andrew must go’

The 95-year-old Queen replied that she was ‘of the same opinion’

It is believed siblings Princess Anne and Prince Edward visited him at his 30-room mansion Royal Lodge to warn Andrew of what was to come