FORTNITE is down for a brand new update – but it’s offline for longer than usual.
Find out all about the Patch 16.20 update, and when you’ll be able to start playing again.
Fortnite update 16.20 outage – how long is the game down for?
Fortnite’s latest update takes place on Wednesday, April 13.
In the UK, it goes live at 7am, while Americans can get it from 2am on the East Coast, or 11pm on the West Coast (on April 12).
Updates bring downtime as the game is forced offline to upload the new update.
However, there will be extended downtime this time around.
“Downtime will be starting earlier than normal,” Epic Games explained.
“This downtime will be of a longer duration that normal.
“The patch will be released for download a few hours into the downtime.”
It’s unclear exactly when Fortnite will be back up, but expect to be offline for a few hours at the very least.
Fortnite update 16.20 patch notes – what’s new?
We don’t have the full patch notes yet.
But Epic Games has teased a few inclusions that we’re expecting to see in Patch 16.20.
For a start, you’ll be able to add new wheels to your vehicle.
There’s new 50-player matchmaking in Creative mode.
And you’ll be able to compete in a special Duos Cup that focuses on bow combat.
We do know what was added in the 16.00 update however.
Epic Games added an improved Barrier device with updated artwork.
The island grid changed:
- The normal Grid Island now appears Green
- The Large Grid Island now appears Blue
- The Flat Grid Hub still appears Grey
And there were loads of bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue where the Featured Island Rift locations were shifted to the right in the hub.
- Fixed an issue where the player could lose functionality during a game when an X-4 Stormwing was present on the island.
- Fixed an issue where a Seasonal Rift showed up instead of the Main Player Rift in the hub.
- Fixed an issue where the Start Game UI was hidden but could still start the game.
- Fixed an issue where the player could not edit island game settings.
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes encountered old hubs when using Creative Fill.
- Fixed an issue where the player was halted every time a shot landed.
- Fixed an issue where the player could move while navigating the inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the Equip button in the creative inventory did not function properly.
- Fixed an issue where players could become invisible when using hiding props.
- Fixed an issue where the Mounted Turret failed to function properly.
- Fixed an issue where the Campfire was not destroyed when rocks were deleted.
- Fixed an issue where the Beacon badges did not respect view distance in-game.
- Fixed an issue where assets from the Oasis Island prefab and gallery could not be destroyed.
- Fixed an issue with low draw distance for the Primitive Shapes Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where the player was resized incorrectly using the Prop Gun and Phone Booth.
- Fixed an issue where the Sneaky Snowman disappeared when the player entered and exited the Phone Booth.
- Fixed an issue where HUD messages appeared at the top when the placement was set to Bottom Center.
What changes would you like to see made in Fortnite? Let us know in the comments!