Davina McCall slammed by Loose Women’s Kaye Adams over tweet saying it’s ‘bad’ to call out men after Sarah Everard death

0
61

LOOSE Women panelist Kaye Adams has hit back at Davina McCall’s suggestions of “fear-mongering” and claim that “calling out men as dangerous is bad.”

The Masked Singer panelist, 53, took to her page in the wake of the missing persons investigation into Sarah Everard, before it was confirmed human remains found in a Kent woodland are those of the 33-year-old.

Follow our live blog for the latest developments on the Sarah Everard case

Loose Women host Kaye Adams has strongly reacted to Davina McCall’s tweet about ‘calling out men as dangerous’

Sarah had been walking home from Clapham last week when she vanished – with Met Police confirming they had now launched a murder probe.

Cop Wayne Couzens, 48, has been arrested on suspicion of her murder and kidnap.

The tragedy has also sparked a more general conversation online surrounding the safety of women walking alone, with swathes of women sharing their horrifying stories, as well as prompting conversation around the role of men in helping women feel more safe.

Today Davina took to her account to write: “Female abduction / murder is extremely rare.

The Masked Singer panelist called out ‘the level of fear mongering’ amid the disappearance of Sarah Everard
Today it was tragically confirmed remains found in a Kent woodland were that of 33-year-old Londoner Sarah

“Yes we should all be vigilant when out alone. But this level of fear-mongering isn’t healthy.

“And men’s mental health is an issue as well. Calling all men out as dangerous is bad for our sons, brothers, partners.”

The former Big Brother host and mum of three then responded to another Twitter user and confessed: “I wouldn’t walk home alone in the dark. And lots of men I know wouldn’t either… because there are some ( very few relatively ) bad people out there.

“But your response is say you view all men as a danger and I don’t think we should be spreading that message.”

Mum of three Davina told one of her Twitter fans she would not walk home alone

Kaye said the conversation should centre on asking men to be part of the ‘solution’
NINTCHDBPICT000614024006

Yet Loose Women anchor Kaye, 58, a mum of two re-posted her remarks and attempted to clarify.

She said: “But Davina, it is not about accusing all men, it is about asking all men to be part of the solution.

“And please let me say, I am not trying to [be] arsey it’s just clearly an important conversation we all need to have.”

Her message had obtained more than 1,200 likes at the time of writing.

Kaye, 58, said enlisting the help of men was a ‘important conversation’

Yet the mum of two insisted she was not trying to be ‘arsey’ towards her fellow broadcaster

One user then mused: “The #notallmen hashtag just goes to show that as men we think not being part of a problem is the same as helping to solve it, when it really isn’t.”

Speaking to reporters outside Scotland Yard today, Assistant Commissioner Nick Ephgrave said Met Police were determined to get justice for Sarah after finding the body hidden in woodlands in Ashford, Kent.

He said today: “As you know, on Wednesday evening detectives investigating the disappearance of Sarah Everard discovered a body secreted in woodland in Kent.

“The body has now been recovered and formal identification procedure has now been undertaken. I can now confirm that it is the body of Sarah Everard.”

Sarah’s family have been given the ‘distressing’ update about the human remains find

He confirmed Sarah’s family had been given the “distressing” update.


It comes as…

  • Sarah Everard disappeared while walking home to Brixton from Clapham last week
  • Sarah’s family said the 33-year-old was a “kind and beautiful” woman
  • Wayne Couzens, 48, was yesterday taken to hospital with head injuries after being taken into custody
  • The suspect was linked to an alleged sex offence three days before Sarah disappeared
  • Organisers of a vigil for Sarah Everard have been left furious after the Met Police threatened them with fines under Covid rules
  • CCTV from a London bus has helped cops in their investigations, it was reported

It comes after it has been claimed police failed to act and arrest Couzens over an accusation of indecent exposure at a McDonald’s in South London on February 28. 

It meant he was still working as a gun cop for three days and free to allegedly snatch 33-year-old Sarah on March 3.

The Met Police’s Assistant Commissioner Nick Ephgrave said they were determined to get justice for Sarah

A source today told The Standard: “It’s definitely not that police did nothing about the indecent exposure or that they turned a blind eye to a crime by a colleague. But the question will be whether the case was progressed quickly enough.”

Marketing executive Sarah was walking home from Clapham on Wednesday last week when she vanished.

And Assistant Commissioner Ephgrave said he understood the concerns about the safety of women in the capital that had been sparked by the case – saying the Met were committed to protecting Londoners.

He added: “That commitment is undiminished – if anything it’s strengthened.”

 

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here